Setting Up E-mail in Microsoft Office 365 Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Office 365 Outlook, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Outlook
1. In Outlook, select "File" and click "Account Settings", then "Manage Profiles".
Next, Click "Yes" if prompted to allow Outlook to make changes to your device, then click "Email Accounts".
On the Account Settings window, click "New...".
2. On the Add Account window, select "Manual setup or additional server types" and click Next.
3. For your server type, select "POP or IMAP" and click Next.
4. On the POP and IMAP Account Settings window, enter your information as follows:
Incoming mail server
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Click "More Settings."
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
6. Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
7. Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
8. Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port to 587.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.